Sunday, December 26, 2010

Tis the Season

Well Christmas has come and went. Another year of listening to a certain family member nag about the amount of gifts I bought the rest of the family (I started in July. Its not like I did it all at once sheesh.) You would think that she'd be happy that everyone is getting gifts. Who cares when they were bought or what they got.

Back on track....

It wasn't the perfect Christmas. For one there was no way I was topping the gifts I gave last year. That was a one time deal.
I bought my husband three model sets. And forgot to get the paint and glue. Of course. Then I bought him a couple of shirts; one with wolves, his favorite animal, the other of his favorite band. of course I got it in the wrong size. And I told my step mom the wrong size apparently, so all of his shirts are too small for him. I guess Large is no longer his size.

At least everyone liked their gifts. At least they said they did.

I'm not the best person in the kitchen, so if I make anything it does not require cooking or baking. I was going through wal-mart and found a recipe for a no bake Chocolate Mint Cheesecake. Of course I misread the name and thought it was a pie. I broke the crust putting the filling in. Had to wash the mixing bowl and the beaters before I even started. It seemed like it took forever to get my stuff together, but eventually I had a cheesecake before me. Everyone said they liked it. It was pretty good, but the crust was a crumbly mess.

My husband and I have a tradition of going to the movies on Christmas day. We have been doing that since we'd been dating. This year there was no movie, so I guess that tradition is done and over with.

There was no snow...

No comments:

Post a Comment